Learn the basics of creating polymer clay earrings with me! Polymer clay is perfect for making colorful, lightweight statement jewelry.
I'll be teaching my next workshop with Shop Made in DC on Sunday, October 3rd, 2021 from 2-5 pm. This class will be virtual because we'll all be using our home ovens to bake our clay.
In this 3 hour virtual workshop you will learn how to...
- Create colorful surface patterns on your earrings, such as terrazzo, sprinkles, or squiggles
- Properly cure your earrings in a home oven
- Smooth and sand your earrings for a professional finish
- Assemble your earrings using stud posts and jump rings .
Your ticket includes a full starter kit, enough to make at least 3 pairs of earrings. This class will be taught virtually over Zoom and will require the use of your home oven. You must sign up by September 26th to ensure time for pick up or delivery of all materials.
Your starter kit (a $60 value) will include...
- Polymer clay in a variety of colors (colors will vary based on availability, your instructor will choose for you)
- Acrylic roller
- Depth guides
- Shape cutters
- Craft knife
- Wet/dry sandpaper
- Jewelry pliers
- Jump rings
- Stainless steel stud posts
- Practice clay components
Students will need to provide:
- Parchment paper
- Printer paper
- Bowl of water and dish soap
- Home oven.